[Samba] Authentication with Samba

Xie, David-WD David-WD.Xie at AIG.com
Fri Nov 1 19:23:28 GMT 2002

Dear Sir/Mdm,

Thank you very much for providing such a great software, it definitely helps
when we are developing our applications.

I encounter some problems when using CIFS for authentication in a Java
application. We are using WebSphere Application Server 3.5 and IHS Web
Server. I have downloaded the latest jar - jcifs-0.7.0b3.jar from
http://jcifs.samba.org/.

I have tried to detect the specific error code when logging on to a NT
server with wrong password or expired password, but no matter in which way I
tried my logon, the returned code is always 5 -- Access Denied. Please see
my coding:

try{
	String auth = "smb://domain;lan_id:password@hostname/share";
	SmbFile sf = new SmbFile(auth);
	sf.isDirectory();

}catch(SmbException se){
	switch( se.getErrorClass() ) {
	    case SmbAuthException.ERRDOS:
	        switch( se.getErrorCode() ) {
	            case SmbAuthException.ERRbadpw:
					out.print("<br>wrong password");

					break;
	            case SmbAuthException.ERRaccess:
					out.print("<br>Access denied");
					break;
	            case SmbAuthException.ERRaccountExpired:
					out.print("<br>Account Expired");
					break;
	            case SmbAuthException.ERRbadClient:
					out.print("<br>Bad Client");
					break;
	            case SmbAuthException.ERRbadLogonTime:
					out.print("<br>Bad Logon Time");
					break;
	            case SmbAuthException.ERRpasswordExpired:
					out.print("<br>Account Expired");
					break;
	            case SmbAuthException.ERRnoaccess:
					out.print("<br>Can not Access");
					break;
	        }
	        break;
	    case SmbAuthException.ERRSRV:
	        switch( se.getErrorCode() ) {
	            case SmbAuthException.ERRbadpw:
					out.print("<br>wrong password");

					break;
	            case SmbAuthException.ERRaccess:
					out.print("<br>Access denied");
					break;
	            case SmbAuthException.ERRaccountExpired:
					out.print("<br>Account Expired");
					break;
	            case SmbAuthException.ERRbadClient:
					out.print("<br>Bad Client");
					break;
	            case SmbAuthException.ERRbadLogonTime:
					out.print("<br>Bad Logon Time");
					break;
	            case SmbAuthException.ERRpasswordExpired:
					out.print("<br>Account Expired");
					break;
	        }
	        break;
	}
	out.print("<br>se.getErrorClass():"+se.getErrorClass());
	out.print("<br>se.getErrorCode():"+se.getErrorCode ());

	out.print("<br>se.ERRSRV: "+se.ERRSRV);
	out.print("<br>se.ERRDOS: "+se.ERRDOS);
	out.print("<br>ERRnoaccess: "+se.ERRnoaccess);
	out.print("<br>ErrorCode: "+se.getErrorCode());
	out.print("<br>Msg: "+se.getMessage());
}catch(Exception e){
	out.print("<br>Logon Unsuccessfully");
	out.print("<br>"+e);
}

Best Regards

David.X
AIA Information Technology (Guangzhou) Co. Ltd.
TEL:(86-20-87521366 Ext 1151)
FAX:(86-20-38770733)