[Samba] I will pay you $10US (via Paypal) out of my own pocket if you can solve this CUPS & Samba problem.

WEBSTER, Greg GWEBSTER at ahbl.ca
Fri May 31 11:31:02 GMT 2002

Seriously. I can't afford to be down much longer or I'm going to be in
serious trouble.

Running Redhat 7.2.

Here's the scoop:
Cups is installed and running.
Samba is installed and running and is sharing files properly to 100+ people.
I can print a test page from the Cups web-interface.
I can print a test page by "cat foo | lpr" or "cat foo | lpr.cups" no
problem.
Swat sees the printer that exists in /etc/printcap.
A print$ share has been created:
    [print$]
        path = /usr/share/cups/model/
        guest ok = Yes
/usr/share/cups/model/ contains a bunch of PPD printer drivers inside a
directory called foomatic, created by a cups-drivers rpm. I have also tried
having the drivers I need directly in the /usr/share/cups/model directory
with no success.

...when I am on a windows box and try to install the printer that is listed
(via the Printers control panel or by browsing to the Printers share via
Network Neighbourhood), I get a "The server on which the printer resides
does not have the correct printer driver installed. If you want to install
the driver on your local computer, click OK".

I really need to get this up and running. Please help.

Greg Webster