[Samba] can read but not write to samba server

patrick philbin pphilbin at attbi.com
Fri May 31 10:45:03 GMT 2002

Hello all,

I'm relatively new to linux, and an absolute neophyte to Samba.  I have
installed the Samba server (samba-2.2.4-2)  on my linux box and have it
networked to a pc running Windows98.  (this is where my development
environement resides)  I can transfers any files from my Linux box
(share=ptpl) to my Windows pc, however when I try to to transfer files
the other way (a write to the Linux Box), an error dialog box pops up on
my windows98 machine:

Error Copying File:

Can not copy file filename: Access is denied

Make sure the disc is not full or write protected
and that the file is not currently in use

The disc is not full and I believe Samba does not have it write
protected (writable = Yes).  I am including smb.conf.  Could someone
please guide me on where to look next.

Thank you in advance,
Patrick Philbin