[Samba] Windows won't send passwd to samba server

Jason Stewart jstewart at rtl.org
Fri May 31 07:54:02 GMT 2002

Hi CJ,

Obviously, according to your log files the password is getting
'Transmitted', but not authenticated. You have to actually set up win98 to
use unencrypted passwords. There is a registry hack out there somewhere to
allow you to do this. I would rather just use encrypted passwords and add
the user to smbpasswd over hacking the registry to do something that Win98
was not designed to do.

Good Luck,
Jason