[Samba] Appology

Nathaniel N.Petersen (CNS Student Support) cthulu at student.cns.uni.edu
Fri May 31 07:29:17 GMT 2002

After talking this over with a friend, I realize that I have made a
mistake.  I should never have responded in the manner that I did.  I
was the one who asked for help.  You don't know the situation, and you
are correct in that most people who do have problems either didn't read
the existing information, or didn't understand what they read.

I should not have taken the standard responses so personally.  I'm
sorry.

I inicially wrote in because I thought the errors I was receiving were
rather unique.  My past problems with Samba were never this bad.  They
WERE solved most times by just doing a quite search on google or reading
other individual's posts.

But this time, with authentication working fine, I was perplexed.  Why
the corrupt write from the W2K client?  Why did the NT machine write a
profile but not use it?  Or more precisely, why did it use it but say it
didn't?

Again, my frustration exists more from my lack of progress than from the
comments I received.  I humbly submit my whole-hearted appologies to
those I may have angered and/or offended.

-Nathaniel N. Petersen

PS - I will look into the 'Z' drive issue as well as the location of the
profile.  Thank you for giving me some direction to research.