[Samba] Winbind, again...

Konkol, Josh JKonkol at guidemail.com
Fri May 31 04:44:02 GMT 2002

Christian,

Since it appears as though no one has responded, I'll give you my two cents.

Have you gotten winbind -t to work ??  If you secret is good then your
machine account is OK.

I see in the logs one of the last entries is NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED.  I
would bet that your username map isn't working correctly.  Can you verify
using smbstatus that your name _is_ getting mapped?  Are you including the
domain in the username map file?  I haven't tried mapping a domain user
before.  I would suggest that you disable the username map, then create a
new file as a user and see if you can modify it's permissions.

Even though it appears as though it's a winbind problem, I usually get
better info from the log.smbd file.  You should see your connection and
whether it gets mapped in there.

HTH

Good luck !!

Josh