[Samba] First login VERY slow only with XP client

Ben Griffith bgriffit at email.unc.edu
Thu May 30 04:45:02 GMT 2002

-----[ chauvirey at free.fr wrote on 05/30/02 01:23:42 PM +0200 ]-----

--> Note that it is only the first login right after a reboot of the
--> machine. Once you log off and on again, it takes a reasonable amount
--> of time.
-->
--> If you experienced and solved this problem, I'd really appreciate any
--> help.

In my experience, turing off the WinXP WebClient service made my XP
machines access the samba servers as expected. I had the same delay on
first access, but not subsequent ones.

I was not logging in to a SAMBA PDC though, it was just using SAMBA
shares. YMMV.

     --Ben--

Ben Griffith
bgriffit at email.unc.edu