[Samba] samba 2.2.4 and ligin scripts problem

Dmitry Melekhov dm at belkam.com
Wed May 29 20:37:02 GMT 2002

Hello!

I wrote wbout this problem several times before.
There were replies
As I remember, problem can be solved by turning off kernel oplocks.
But this is not solution I want to use.

This problem appeared near 2.2.1 (may be existed before), but there is
no such problem with 2.0.

Problem existst not on every machine :-(

When user  with username with more than 8 characters long logins into
2.2 domain from
win98se, win98 tries to execute lgin script  Z:\mangled_login.bat.

Very strange, but, as I pointed, there is no such problem on another
computer with thi user.
But user can login without any problems to 2.0 domain from this "broken"
win98.

Any idead?

btw, RedHat 6.2, kernel 2.4.18-xfs.