[Samba] Samba 3.0 + LDAP

Gonzalo Servat gonzalo at unixpac.com.au
Wed May 29 20:29:01 GMT 2002

On Wed, 2002-05-29 at 18:13, abartlet at samba.org wrote:
> On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 05:00:44PM +1000, Gonzalo Servat wrote:
> > Sorry Andrew to hassle you again.
> >
> > Just one more question. I noticed in the logs that it checks to see if
> > computername$ exists, and if it doesn't it tries to add it. The error
> > message is:
> >
> > "NO user RID specified on account apollo$, cannot store!"
>
> You either need to use ldapsam_nua or setup an 'add machine script'
>
> (both of these are HEAD only options)
>
> The _nua backend allows accounts to be added to LDAP without an already
> allocated unix user (and therfore RID).

I changed 'ldapsam' to read 'ldapsam_nua' and added:

non unix account range = 10000-20000

.. but I still couldn't join the domain. It says it couldn't allocate a
RID in that range. I looked at the log and noticed it does a search for
any users with the objectClass "sambaAccount" to see what the last used
RID was and for me it was RID 1000 so I changed that range to be
1000-2000 and now it doesn't join the domain either but that error is
gone.
I guess I'll try using the 'add machine script'.

Do you happen to have a sample add-machine script I can take a look at?

Thanks
Gonzalo.