[Samba] Ok, back to browsing problem

Praise praisetazio at tiscalinet.it
Wed May 29 09:13:02 GMT 2002

Hi all,

I have a samba server version 2.2.3alpha, on Suse 7.1 Kernel 2.4.16
It is a  PDC, and both sharing and PDC are working correctly. Moreover, I had
ibrowing working. Unfortunately I have been away from this small network for
a month. There was another guy administering this small network. Now I am
back and browsing do not work any more.
It is obviously a problem of misconfiguration (I guess).

I have increased the logging level to see what is going on, but with no
result. The samba server obviously wins the election. The problem is the
other computers (even if it is known that there is a master browser) have
problem contacting it, I think. There is no firewall active.

Here it is my smb.conf file:
[global]
	workgroup = PRAISENET
	netbios name = LINUX
	server string = Samba for All
	encrypt passwords = Yes
	allow trusted domains = No
	map to guest = Bad User
	log level = 3
	name resolve order = lmhosts wins bcast
	time server = Yes
	max smbd processes = 50
	load printers = No
	domain logons = Yes
	os level = 60
	preferred master = True
	domain master = True
	valid users = praise massimo lorenzo alessio
	hosts deny = 10.0.0.0
	follow symlinks = No

[homes]
	comment = La tua home directory