[Samba] Redhat 7.2 & Samba_2_2_4

Phil Chambers P.A.Chambers at exeter.ac.uk
Wed May 29 08:07:02 GMT 2002

I have a SAMBA PDC and a SAMBA server set up on IRIX systems and they are working OK
using SAMBA_2_2_3a.  I have just installed the samba-2.2.4-2.i386.rpm on a Redhat
7.2 system and can't get it to join the PDC's domain.

Using "smbpasswd -D 10 -j CLUSTERS" shows it is getting no response to "Sending a
packed of len 50 to (<pdc host ip address>) on port 137", which it tries twice.

On the PDC, with a debug level of 10 on nmbd, the log shows that nmbd is failing to
find CLUSTERS<1c> "on subnet UNICAST_SUBNET" and is ignoring the packet.

Given that WinXP machines and the IRIX SAMBA system can join the domain, I am at a
loss.  In particular, the same smbpasswd command on the IRIX system does not seem to
send the same packet to the PDC at all!  Any ideas please?