[Samba] samba-ldap pdc howto problem

G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.com
Wed May 29 02:56:29 GMT 2002

abartlet at samba.org wrote:

> On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 01:07:22AM -0700, G. Armour Van Horn wrote:
> > Greetings:
> >
> > I'm on section 3.2 (page 7) of the SAMBA-LDAP PDC HowTo and am getting
> > errors. This is on a brand-new install on RedHat 7.2, using
> > openldap-2.0.23-4.i386.rpm, openldap-clients-2.0.23-4.i386.rpm, and
> > openldap-servers-2.0.23-4.i386.rpm from the 7.3 tree from a RedHat
> > mirror (Rawhide wouldn't let me in at that point) and
> > samba-2.2.4-2.src.rpm from RedHat's Rawhide tree.
> >
> > My config options in samba.spec are as follows:
> >
> > %configure \
> >         --libdir=%{_sysconfdir}/samba \
> >         --with-fhs \
> >         --with-privatedir=%{_sysconfdir}/samba \
> >         --with-lockdir=/var/cache/samba \
> >         --with-swatdir=%{_datadir}/swat \
> >         --with-codepagedir=%{_datadir}/samba/codepages \
> >         --with-automount \
> >         --with-smbmount \
> >         --with-pam \
> >         --with-mmap \
> >         --with-quotas \
> >         --without-smbwrapper \
> >         --with-libsmbclient \
> >         --with-utmp \
> >         --with-acl-support \
>
> >         --with-profile \
> >         --disable-static \
>
> What are you trying here?
>
> >         --with-msdfs \
> >         --with-ldapsam
> >
> > I tried it with a trailing "\" the first time and got a similar error.
> > The only changes I made to this file were the additions of those last
> > five lines (starting with "with-acl-support"). When I run the next
> > command in the HowTo:
>
> > checking configure summary... configure: error: summary failure.
> > Aborting config
> > error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.12916 (%build)
>
> Often indicates linking problems.
>
> Andrew Bartlett

I can believe that, unfortunately I really don't understand that. What might
I try to resolve linking problems? This is a brand new RedHat install, so I
don't think I've broken anything along those lines.

Incidentally, I restarted the system and attempted to reinstall with the
same command from the HowTo and got a very similar error:

checking for ACL support... no
checking whether to build winbind... yes
checking whether or not getgroups returns EGID too many times... yes
checking for poptGetContext in -lpopt... no
checking whether to use included popt... ./popt
checking configure summary... configure: error: summary failure. Aborting
config

RPM build errors:

As to what I was trying to do with those lines in the configure section, I
honestly have no idea. Those last five lines are added according to the
instructions I'm following in the SAMBA-LDAP HowTo.

Van

Sign up now for Quotes of the Day, a handful of quotations
on a theme delivered every morning.
Enlightenment! Daily, for free!
mailto:twisted at whidbey.com?subject=Subscribe_QOTD

For web hosting and maintenance,