[Samba] Time sync problem

Carsten Springenberg springenberg at beamten-wohnungs-verein.de
Wed May 29 02:41:02 GMT 2002

I had the same problem and it turned out to be a problem on the client.

Since my clients are german I try to give you the idea what I did
without knowing if my translations ore O.K.:

- log on on the W2K-client as local administrator
- in the management console go to the "local security guidelines"
- go to the sectrion where you can set the user rights
- there should be something like "setting of system time"
- add the group "authenticated users"
- give the rights for setting the time to this group

Hope this helps.

Bye,

Carsten