[Samba] Time sync problem
springenberg at beamten-wohnungs-verein.de
Wed May 29 02:41:02 GMT 2002
I had the same problem and it turned out to be a problem on the client.
Since my clients are german I try to give you the idea what I did
without knowing if my translations ore O.K.:
- log on on the W2K-client as local administrator
- in the management console go to the "local security guidelines"
- go to the sectrion where you can set the user rights
- there should be something like "setting of system time"
- add the group "authenticated users"
- give the rights for setting the time to this group
Hope this helps.
>Im running Samba 2.2.4 as a PDC on a redhat 7.1 box.
>When any user that isnt in the domain admin group tries to sync time
>the server using "net time \\servername /set /yes" they get a response
>"System error 1314 has occured"
>"A required privelege is not held by the client."
>All of the boxes logging in are win2k. I have a similar setup at
>office that works flawlessly. The only difference is that I am running
>Samba 2.2.3. On an NT Server this is a simple User Rights setting, I
>dont know what to change with Samba to correct this.
>Thanks in advance,
More information about the samba