[Samba] Re: Problems compiling Samba 2.2.4 with quota under Debian stable

Ralf G. R. Bergs rabe at RWTH-Aachen.DE
Wed May 29 01:11:03 GMT 2002

On Wed, 29 May 2002 08:51:06 +1000, Nathan Scott wrote:

[...]
>> Compiling smbd/quotas.c
>> smbd/quotas.c: In function `get_smb_linux_vfs_quota':
>> smbd/quotas.c:111: storage size of `D' isn't known
>> make[1]: *** [smbd/quotas.o] Error 1
>> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/samba-2.2.4/source'
>> make: *** [build-stamp] Error 2
>>
>> Obviously this is the offending source fragment:
>>
>> #ifdef LINUX_QUOTAS_1
>>         struct dqblk D;
>>
>> It seems as if "struct dqblk" isn't defined. Why is this?
[...]
>This is a problem which needs to be fixed in Samba sources

Thanks for shedding some light on this.

>they'll
>need to have a local quota header file, rather than using the ones
>below /usr/include/linux -- I'm not sure if Jan is planning to fix
>this soon, I know he's heavily involved with generating 2.5 patches
>at the moment.  I'm preoccupied too, but could give hints to anyone
>who wants to take a crack at fixing this.

I'm busy working on my thesis, so I can't do it either.

I guess I have to compile it w/o quota for now, and have another go some time
later.

Thanks, I really appreciate your quick answer.

Ralf

--
Sign the EU petition against SPAM:          L I N U X       .~.
http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/        The  Choice      /V\