[Samba] Time sync problem

Steven Maroney steve at euterpe.math.uno.edu
Tue May 28 18:21:04 GMT 2002

Ok,
Im running Samba 2.2.4 as a PDC on a redhat 7.1 box.

When any user that isnt in the domain admin group tries to sync time with
the server using "net time \\servername /set /yes" they get a response of
"System error 1314 has occured"
"A required privelege is not held by the client."

All of the boxes logging in are win2k. I have a similar setup at another
office that works flawlessly. The only difference is that I am running
Samba 2.2.3. On an NT Server this is a simple User Rights setting, I just
dont know what to change with Samba to correct this.

Thanks in advance,
Jayson