[Samba] Win2k Printing Problems

JUSTIN GERRY JGERRY at butchers.com
Tue May 28 11:37:02 GMT 2002

Thanks for the reply.

When I get time again, I will patch the tarball and create a new rpm
and install.

-Justin

>>> "Gerald (Jerry) Carter" <jerry at samba.org> 05/28 11:12 AM >>>
On Fri, 17 May 2002, JUSTIN GERRY wrote:

> OK, this is starting to make more sense to me now. I figured out
where
> to "upload" drivers to the server through the Printer share folder
on
> the samba box.
>
> My only problem, is that when I try to upload a driver I get the
> message "Operation Could not be completed"
>
> I added my account... jgerry to printer admin and write list.

There was an alignment bug in 2.2.4 that affecting upload and viewing
printer properties from win2k clients.  You can grab the printer rollup

patch from ftp://samba.org/pub/jerry/samba-2.2.4-patches/

cheers, jerry