[Samba] Help on "bad" nt 4.0 domain name - using security=domain

Luis Aravena Avila Luis.Aravena at pyaing.cl
Tue May 28 07:43:16 GMT 2002

Hi,

I am qualifying a file server Samba v.2.2.4/winbind on R.H.7.2, kernel 2.4.18.  Our LAN, NT 4.0, have a character "&" within the domain name, lamentably we cannot change it, and the samba server instead of verifying the authorization as A&B does as A_B. the previous thing is in which I cannot use the model of security=domain.  At the moment I have it running with security=server.  Any solution or bypass to the problem will be very well received.

atte.
Luis Aravena

PD: I´m only a newbie+ in samba