[Samba] windows can't print :o(

Klaus Zahradnik kwz at go-public.com
Tue May 28 02:01:03 GMT 2002

Hy guys!
I have a problem with my samba configuration. I really hope you can help me
out here, since I am pretty new to Linux and still try to figure it out.
So, here it goes:

I hava a "server" running SuSE 8.0 and should work as a firewall and
printserver.
I started out setting up the homes share, which works like a dream. Next the
printer. Installed the printer with cups, test, works. Goto samba, create share
good.
Winodws, install printer works. But a testpage never gets printed (wihtout
windows giving an error) and a regular printjob just stays in the spooler on the
windowsmachine, and never even sees samba.

So, what am I doing wrong here?

At the bottom of this mail is the smb.conf.

Thanks for your help and
best regards
Klaus Zahradnik

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 0.0.0.0 (0.0.0.0)
# Date: 2002/05/28 11:01:37

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = GOPUBLIC
        netbios name = LINUXBOX
        server string = Druckserver
        interfaces = eth*
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        socket options = SO_KEEPALIVE TCP_NODELAY
IPTOS_LOWDELAY
        character set = ISO8859-15
        os level = 2
        wins support = Yes
        path = /etc/samba/
        guest account = root
        admin users = showroom
        printer admin = @ntadmin
        read only = No
        guest ok = Yes
        printing = cups
        printer name = df
        veto files = /*.eml/*.nws/riched20.dll/*.{*}/

[homes]
        comment = Home Directories
        create mask = 0640
        directory mask = 0750