[Samba] Win2K VPN server + Samba WINS trouble

James Bond sonar80 at hotmail.com
Mon May 27 17:27:02 GMT 2002

   Hi all, after scrounging through the archives for a good while, I didn't
come up with anything similar to my trouble.  I have a VPN setup that
consists for 2 linux boxes running freeswan to make a tunnel between 2
subnets, the atypical example of a vpn.  I am adding a windows 2000 l2tp
server for road worrier use.  Everything is setup and running perfectly
except for the fact that the remote road worriers dont seem to get their
names listed in the workgroup on the master browser, (Samba 2.2.4).  The
Win2k server assigns ip addresses in the range of 192.168.9.0/24, and the
master browers/WINS server is on 192.168.10.2, everything is assigned
appropriatly, and all the computers point back to the right IP for the WINS
server.  I can browser the workgroup from the Road worries fine, but the
netbios name of the road worrier never appears in the workgroup.  I'm not
completely sure if this is an issue with the Win2k server or something the
samba server is not doing, if anyone has any ideas it would be a great help,

Thanks!