[Samba] Samba 3.0 + LDAP

Gonzalo Servat gonzalo at unixpac.com.au
Mon May 27 17:13:47 GMT 2002

Hi All

I've compiled Samba 3.0 alpha 17 using --with-ldapsam. In smb.conf I've
got:

passdb backend = ldapsam
ldap admin dn = "cn=Manager,o=Sambatest,c=AU"
ldap suffix = c=AU
ldap ssl = off

... and the admin dn password is in the secrets.tdb file.

Whenever I try to connect to samba, I get the following error message:

[2002/05/28 09:34:07, 5]
passdb/pdb_interface.c:make_pdb_context_name(203)
  Attempting to find an passdb backend to match ldapsam (ldapsam)
[2002/05/28 09:34:07, 5]
passdb/pdb_interface.c:make_pdb_context_name(208)
  Found pdb backend ldapsam (at pos 4)
[2002/05/28 09:34:07, 0]
passdb/pdb_interface.c:make_pdb_context_name(213)
  pdb backend ldapsam did not correctly init (error was
NT_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER)
[2002/05/28 09:34:07, 0]
passdb/pdb_interface.c:make_pdb_context_name(221)
  failed to select passdb backed!

Other than missing an "n" in "backend", :), is there anything clearly
wrong with my setup? Am I missing a configuration directive in smb.conf?

I've had Samba 2.2.x working with LDAP but I guess things have changed
in 3.0.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
Gonzalo.