[Samba] samba speeds

David W. Chapman Jr. dwcjr at inethouston.net
Mon May 27 15:26:02 GMT 2002

On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 02:19:00AM -0500, Brian Glenn wrote:

> 	Well I tried #freebsdhelp and got confirmation that this is just
> not happening to me but we couldn't figure it out there either...
>
> with:
>
> 	FreeBSD 4.5
> 	Samba 2.2.2
> 	 100Base T Crossover link
> 	Window XP Pro
>
> Upload win to unix speeds are around ~400k/sec
>
> Download unix to win speeds are around ~5000k/sec
>
> checked for net collisons (there are none)
>
> anyone find a fix for this?

What network card are you using.  I also noticed this problem and was
able to change the raw writes option.  There also have been very many
speed fixes I believe since 2.2.2.  I would highly advice you upgrade
to 2.2.4 and see if the problem still exists.

--
David W. Chapman Jr.
dwcjr at inethouston.net	Raintree Network Services, Inc. <www.inethouston.net>