[Samba] A little problem

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Mon May 27 08:00:03 GMT 2002

This sounds like you have a host resolution problem.  This can be tricky,
depending on your network. Have you set up your linux box to use your
systems wins server?  If you only have a few hosts you might put them
into /etc/hosts and make sure samba is looking there (I forget the magic,
but there is a name resolution parameter in smb.conf). There is also
the equivalent of an lmhosts file in samba, I THINK.

I just use a wins server on my simple two subnet home network, and most
things work OK.

Joel