[Samba] Problem with locking files in MS Mail Server

Marcin Kowalski Marcin.Kowalski at portgdansk.pl
Mon May 27 01:51:03 GMT 2002

Hello Everybody.

I have problem with samba (debian potato 2.2.17 with samba 2.2.2), when
I'am using samba to share "normal" files - everything was ok. But I must
still use Microsoft Mail (messaging system) to deliver local messages in
my network. Last time, I move this server to samba (before was on NT
3.51 :-)), and I have problem:

When some part of my clients open MS Outlook with client MS Mail files
after operations (send, receive) on samba server files with mailboxes
still are locked. This message server is organized like a set of
folders, were messages are stored. The biggest problem is locking files
with status of specific mailboxes.

What can I do?

This is my smb.conf

[global]
   invalid users = root

   security = user

   map to guest = Bad User

   workgroup = workgroup
   server string = IntraNet Serwer
   netbios aliases = NHSERWER
   netbios name = KOGA

   syslog only = no
   syslog = 2;
   socket options = IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=4096
SO_RCVBUF=4096

   character set = ISO8859-2
   client code page = 852
   wins support = no

   os level = 20
   domain master = no
   local master = yes
   preferred master = yes

   name resolve order =  host lmhosts bcast wins
   dns proxy = no
   preserve case = yes
   short preserve case = yes

   encrypt passwords = yes
   unix password sync = true
   passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
   passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n .
   max log size = 2000
   log file = /var/log/samba/log.%U

   veto files = /*.eml/*.nws/riched20.dll/