[Samba] How to check samba with winbind?

Le Ngoc Thach lnthach at azthink.com
Sun May 26 19:58:02 GMT 2002

Hi all,

I have upgraded from RedHat Linux 7.2 to 7.3. Version of the running samba is "samba-2.2.3a-20020206".

Now, I want to use "winbind" to synchronized user accounts from Domain Controller Windows 20000 (Active Directory-AD)

There an error when I start winbind. Here is console:

[root at server5 root]# winbindd -i
Global parameter winbind separator found in service section!
Global parameter winbind uid found in service section!
Global parameter winbind gid found in service section!
Global parameter winbind enum users found in service section!
Global parameter winbind enum groups found in service section!
Global parameter template homedir found in service section!
Global parameter template shell found in service section!
winbind uid range missing or invalid

Here is text lines in file smb.conf whom relatives to winbind

winbind separator = +
winbind uid = 10000-20000
winbind gid = 10000-20000
winbind enum users = yes
winbind enum groups = yes
template homedir = /data/%U
template shell = /bin/bash

How to solve error "winbind uid range missing or invalid"? Please help me to start winbind successfully!

Thanks!

Thach!