[Samba] A little problem

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Sun May 26 13:48:02 GMT 2002

Don't make your box a wins server. That might be bad.
In your smb.conf, have a line like this:
wins server = yourwinsserver
I use my netbios name but you may have to use the ip address. Don't know.
Have you fooled around with nmblookup (man nmblookup) to see how things are
doing looking up netbios names?
Joel