[Samba] smbmount works but cannot see C:\WINDOWS directory

Curtis Rempel curtis.rempel at telusplanet.net
Sun May 26 12:32:02 GMT 2002

Bingo!  That did the trick, thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: samba-admin at lists.samba.org [mailto:samba-admin at lists.samba.org]On
Behalf Of Urban Widmark
Sent: May 25, 2002 8:05 AM
To: Curtis Rempel
Cc: samba at lists.samba.org
Subject: Re: [Samba] smbmount works but cannot see C:\WINDOWS directory

On Fri, 24 May 2002, Curtis Rempel wrote:

> On one ME box, I can access the C:\WINDOWS directory without difficulty
from
> Linux, however, on the second ME box, the C:\WINDOWS directory does not
show
> up as a directory and has a zero byte size when using 'smbmount' and 'ls'
as
> follows:

Is the label of C: "WINDOWS"? Rename it to something else.

The windows machine is returning an directory entry with the bit for
volume set and not as a directory if the name of the unit is the same as a
directory. I consider this a win9x bug.

It can be handled by mapping the volume bit to the directory bit inside
smbfs and there are patches for that. But just rename the partition and it
should be fine.

/Urban