[Samba] Samba + Active Directory

Florian Flachmeier florian at gfs.diepholz.de
Sun May 26 11:23:02 GMT 2002

Hi!

I'm trying to use Samba 3.0 (CVS) as a PDC for Win2000.
After reading some Howto's it works great to join the domain and to login
but a big problem is still there. I want to have at least one Domain
Administrator. But i don't know how to make one. In the Howtos and manuals
(which are made for 2.2) stands that you have to insert

DomainAdminGroup = @adm

(or something like that) in the smb.conf
In an old Howto stands DomainAdminUsers = ...,i've tried this,too.
But that doesn't works. Now i've read, that samba 3.0 is supporting Active
Directory. But the Functions of that are nowhere documented or described.

Can anybody tell me, what to do?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english :)

Florian Flachmeier,
Diepholz, Germany