[Samba] Poor Performance

Noel Kelly nkelly at tarsus.co.uk
Sat May 25 01:28:02 GMT 2002

if you get an answer to this Jeff I would love to hear it so please post
back to the list if it is of the list.

We have similar experiences with thousands of Sage Accounting's spool files
littering the place.  As soon as these directories are browsed ( as they are
by the program itself to present the user with a history view) the load
average goes through the roof (8-10).  The previous Novell server did not
even blink.

Luckily we can clear out these spool files to alleviate the problem but it
is a manual process we would rather schedule monthly.

Cheers,
Noel