[Samba] changing domains

Hidong Kim hkim at emeraldbiostructures.com
Thu May 23 12:42:43 GMT 2002

Hi,

We're going through a massive IT upgrade at our company.  All of the
Windows computers are begin migrated to a new domain.  I want to move
our Red Hat 7.2 Samba server to the new domain.  I changed the domain
name using SWAT.  I checked that the new domain name was entered in
/etc/samba/smb.conf.  But the Samba server isn't showing up in the new
domain in the Network Neighborhood on the Windows machines.  In
/etc/samba/smb.conf, I have this:

# Global parameters
[global]
        domain = NEWDOMAIN