[Samba] - Win2k local groups and domain groups on linux PDC

Yannick Tousignant ytousignant at oka-info.com
Thu May 23 10:57:02 GMT 2002

In Samba release 2.2.2, only 2 groups are dealed for Microsoft Windows
workstations: Domain

Admins and Domain Users. All other groups are considered Local Unix Group.
That's

mean that a Samba user will only be Domain user or Domain Admin. If you only
use Samba

servers, there will be no problem, but if you plan to use Microsoft Windows
NT member server

using groups, just forget about it...

Cut/Paste of  --> The SAMBA-LDAP-PDC Howto Revision : 1:14

Hope this help...

Yannick