[Samba] SMB sharing under Mac OS X Server

Tony Nichols tony at mail.applog.com
Thu May 23 10:41:03 GMT 2002

Try a very simple config file that has no security (just to test).

[global]

# workgroup = NT-Domain-Name or Workgroup-Name
   workgroup = your workgroup name

# server string is the equivalent of the NT Description field
   server string = Samba Server

   security = share

   local master = no

   os level = 5

   name resolve order = wins lmhosts bcast

   wins server = 192.168.1.2 (your wins server)

==============================

[tmp]
   comment = Temporary file space
   path = /tmp