[Samba] Problem with logon script

Oliver Six o.six at cahos.net
Thu May 23 04:58:02 GMT 2002

Harry Rüter <harry_rueter at gmx.de> wrote on 23.05.2002 13:02:10:

>Hi,
>
>i'm having a little problem with the logon-script feature.
>
>I work with a Winxx-network with Win2k and Win98-Clients.
>The fileserver is samba 2.2.4 on LINUX,Kernel 2.4.18.
>
>For debuging-purposes i wrote a pause command into the
>logon-script.
>
>A realized that there is an error message (in german, i try
>to translate) :

>The local device is already used
>
>System error 85 .
>Help is available with the command NET HELPMSG 2250 .
>
>Here is the part from my script :

>@SET SERVER=MYSERVER
>
>:Win2k
>rem echo In Win2k
>@NET TIME \\%Server% /SET /YES   > nul
>@net use u: \\%Server%\homepages > nul
>@net use v: \\%Server%\homes     > nul
>@net use w: \\%Server%\fax       > nul
>@net use x: \\%Server%\data      > nul
>@if  not "%USEROFCURRENTSERVICE%" == "Administrator" goto
>win2kend
>@net use y: \\%Server%\rootdir$   > nul
>:win2kend
>rem @net use /PERSISTENT:NO > nul
>@net use z: /delete > nul
>@goto end
>
>The client-OS on which the error occurs is Win2k.
>
>Windows seems to mount the drives itself befor the
>logon script is started.
>
>How can i solute this problem ?
>

>thanks Harry
>

>By the way , the logon-script is generated with a
>shell-script using the
>root preexec statement.
>
>So i can parse each statevar like USEROFCURRENTSERVICE ( =
>%u) to the logon-script.
>This works and has nothing to do with the problem,
>just an information for you ..
>
>--

Hi Harry,

AFAIK: windows maps drive y: or z: to the logon service to execute the logon
script.

Ciao Oliver
--
Good programming is 40% experience, 30% skill, 20% RTFM, 10% caffeine, and 5%
attention to detail.

Oliver Six, CEO
CAHOS GmbH, Cimbernstr. 51, Germany 81377 Muenchen
Phone +49 89 71 01 93 41,  Fax +49 89 71 01 93 42