[Samba] samba pdc won't work with other samba file servers

plug bert plugbert at yahoo.com
Thu May 23 01:30:02 GMT 2002

Hello!

   A good day to you all. the user accounts i set up
on my samba pdc can't seem to access any shares set up
on another samba file server. the pdc is has security
= user, and the file server has security = server and
password server = <ip of pdc>. i am testing the setup
using a w2k pro box. i have created the appropriate
machine accounts for the client and the file server,
btw(passwd and smbpasswd)

   The logs seem to indicate that the user i logged on
as keeps on getting logged on as guest. While i can
log on, i can't seem to access the shares.

   My guess is that somehow the pdc isn't
authenticating the user, and that the samba file
server
is defaulting to security = user. As to why this is
happening still escapes me though. Comments?