[Samba] samba + openldap + tls

Laurent BLIN laurent.blin at iemm.univ-montp2.fr
Wed May 22 08:02:03 GMT 2002

I've resolved my problem, compiling samba with "-g" option in order to
use gdb. The pb was samba was detecting ldap v2 on my ldap server, and
could'nt set it to  ldapv3.
Actually, the dynamic librairies used by samba are located in /lib, and
not /usr/lib. And under /lib, there were old (!!) dynamic libraries
(from 1998!!!). Just copied the /openldap/lib/* to /lib, and both SSL
and TLS are working.

I saw in some howto that I had to copy openldap/lib/*/ and
openldap/include/* to /usr/lib and /usr/include... Should also copy
files to /lib, or configure samba in order to /usr/lib!

  Laurent