[Samba] locks corrupt

Eric Kanary tek at StorageQuest.com
Wed May 22 07:41:02 GMT 2002

I logged on this week to my machine and tried to connect to one of my samba shares only to find that samba had stopped. I tried to restart it with the swat admin page, when that didn't work I tried reading the log files but I got a message "file contains corrupt data cant open"  so I deleted to log files and tried to start form the command line.
After it failed to start I open the logs and found "could not open /usr/.../var/locks/messages.tdb: corrupted file system detected"

has this happened to anybody else?? Since I could open the original log files I don't know what cause the error in the first place and I don't know of anything unusual happening over the weekend