[Samba] Controlling share create permissions

Konkol, Josh JKonkol at guidemail.com
Wed May 22 04:45:02 GMT 2002

How about this (Another snip from the docs):

force directory mode (S)
This parameter specifies a set of UNIX mode bit permissions that will always
be set on a directory created by Samba. This is done by bitwise 'OR'ing
these bits onto the mode bits of a directory that is being created. The
default for this parameter is (in octal) 0000 which will not add any extra
permission bits to a created directory. This operation is done after the
mode mask in the parameter directory mask is applied.

See also the parameter directory mask for details on masking mode bits on
created directories.

See also the inherit permissions parameter.

Default: force directory mode = 000

Example: force directory mode = 0755

would force all created directories to have read and execute permissions set
for 'group' and 'other' as well as the read/write/execute bits set for the
'user'.

HTH

Josh Konkol