[Samba] just curious..!!!

Neil Muller neil at neologix.net
Tue May 21 21:01:02 GMT 2002

Check your case sensitivity settings, workgroup name and encrypted password
settings plus create your smbpasswd file (I've never had much luck with
plaintext passwords). Also what type of security did you specify? Did you
restart samba? Have you tried mapping a drive to one of the samba shares that
your user has access to? This will still work even if the machines don't have
the same workgroup but you won't see the machine in the network neighbourhood.
Did you create a unix user with the same userid as your windows user?

Neil