[Samba] Samba+PDC+LDAP (add user script + unix passwd sync) Can't call perl script

Steve Meisner smeisner at concentric.net
Tue May 21 17:46:02 GMT 2002

Yannick Tousignant wrote:

>unix password sync = yes
>    passwd program = /usr/local/sbin/passwd.sh %u
>    passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Retype*new*password* %n\n
>*all*authentication*tokens*updated*successfully*

I think your passwd chat is the problem.  In RedHat and Mandrake they
have this string as two lines in the distributed smb.conf file.  There
needs to be a space between ...%n\n on the first line and *all*aut... on
the second (continued line).  I don't know if adding a space at the
start of the firtst line will fix it or not.  I fixed it by joining the
first line with the second line and adding the space; i.e.,

...Retype*new*password* %n \n *all*authentication...

--
"Don't steal, the Government hates competition!"
SCM Enterprise