[Samba] Macintosh + Samba integration

Ben Griffith bgriffit at email.unc.edu
Tue May 21 17:14:02 GMT 2002

-----[ dave at une.edu.au wrote on 5/22/2002 9:46 AM +1000 ]-----

--> Is there any solution to this so that Macintosh and Windows can happily
--> use a unix fileserver and the same share?

Here we use Dave (Thursby Software) on the Macs. This makes them speak MS
networking and they are quite happy to access our NT and samba servers.
Still some issues with them wanting to create "Mac centric" files all over
the server shares, but they can see and use the same files/shares as the PC
people.

Note: Dave is not free. We are fortunate to have a site licensed version.

	--Ben--

Ben Griffith
bgriffit at email.unc.edu