[Samba] Samba+PDC+LDAP (add user script + unix passwd sync) Can't call perl script

Philip Burrow phil.burrow at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue May 21 14:19:02 GMT 2002

> Hi, i've compiled samba 2.2.4 on a Redhat 7.1 machine, working
> with openldap 2.0.23. I also downloaded smbldap-tools from IDEALX
> which i fixed myself to fit my needs. Everything work very fine
> when running the scripts in shell mode... but!

<snip>

I had something like this. Check your password chat and make sure you set it
to what it actually is when you run it on the shell. I can't remember
off-hand what mine at work is, but I will post it tomorrow. The default from
the IDEALX howto did not work for me.

There's also a problem with smbldap-passwd.pl whereby the wrong ldappasswd
command is issued in the script:

$ret = system "$ldappasswd $dn -s $pass > /dev/null";

should be:

$ret = system "$ldappasswd -s $pass $dn > /dev/null";

Increase your log level and check your logs, because this is how I found out
what mine was doing.

HTH

Phil