[Samba] Windows user not in UNIX db.

Rob Dege rcd at amherst.com
Tue May 21 11:39:02 GMT 2002

I want my Windows account to interact with my Linux user account.  My
usernames on both machines used to be the same, but now corporate is
changing our name format (oh boy!).  Now that the usernames no longer sync,
Samba is refusing me access to my Linux box.

When I check the logs, it claims that it can't find my new Windows username
in the UNIX passwddb.  When I manually add my new Windows username to the
smbpasswd file, it then claims that smbpasswd is corrupt since it still
can't find the Windows username in the UNIX passwd file.

Any pointers is appreciated.

-Rob