[Samba] Error compiling...

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Tue May 21 06:32:02 GMT 2002

Hello Donovan,
This error typically indicates that you are using the built in hpux c
compiler that ships with the os - this compiler is mainly there to allow for

kernel regens, etc - it is NOT ansi compliant, and will not compile samba.
You can either purchase the ANSI compliant hp compiler, or go to gnu.org and
follow the links to pull the free gcc compiler down and use that.
Hope this helps,
Don