[Samba] Static WINS entries

Jon Gerdes GERDESJ at whl.co.uk
Tue May 21 05:16:02 GMT 2002

Is it possible to manually add entries to the WINS database on a Samba nmbd running as a WINS server?

Alternativily could I get the WINS nmbd to use DNS for hostsnames it can't resolve using it's own database.

I have several NT servers that seem to just vanish from the db after a while.  One of my 2.2.3a boxes also did this for a pastime.  Whilst I can do nbtstat -RR on NT or restart the nmbd on Samba to put it back, it would be nice to be able to ensure they are always in the db.

Cheers
Jon Gerdes