[Samba] Win98 join a PDC SOLVED (kinda)

Alex Moen alexm at ndtel.com
Mon May 20 10:45:02 GMT 2002

FINALLY:

I think I have the solution.  I noticed a "Gethostbyaddr" error in the
itlaptop.log file.  I added an entry for the IP address that the laptop is
using, and KA-BLAM! it logs in great.

Now: the question is, how come the WINS portion of Samba didn't work for
this on Solaris?  Do I need to modify /etc/nsswitch.conf to look at Wins,
and is there something that is missing there for Solaris that works on
Linux?  I have the wins lines loaded in the conf file, so Samba itself
should work...

I can make this work now.  I'll simply load dummy names for the entire DHCP
range (which is running on a different box) and everything should be cool.

Thanks for the help from everyone!

Alex