[Samba] Problem printing with CUPS through SMBd

Jamie Heckford jamie at tridentmicrosystems.co.uk
Mon May 20 08:15:02 GMT 2002

Hi,

I seem to be having this problem with printers.. on the Windoze 98 clients
the network printer appears as "offline".

However, from the cups web interface I can print test pages fine,
and also from the command line on the server.

I have these messages in my smb logs..

[2002/05/20 12:46:33, 0] printing/print_cups.c:cups_queue_get(776)
  Unable to get jobs for ipp://localhost/printers/acc1hp2200n - client-error-not-authorized
[2002/05/20 12:46:33, 0] printing/print_cups.c:cups_printername_ok(281)
  Unable to get printer status for acc1hp2200n - client-error-not-authorized

and this section in my smb.conf:

[global]
-snip-
printing = cups
printcap name = cups

[printers]
   comment = Printers
   path = /var/spool/samba
   browseable = no
   guest ok = yes
   printable = yes

Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong? Im still not sure if the problem
lies with my CUPS or SAMBA configuration..

thanks in advance for any help

--
Jamie Heckford
Network Manager

***********

This e-mail message contains confidential information for
the above addressee only. Any opinion or views contained
in this e-mail message are those of the sender and do not
necessarily represent those of the Company. Unless otherwise
stated this e-mail message is not intended to be contractually
binding.  E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be
secure or error-free and the sender therefore does not accept
liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this
message.

Trident Microsystems Ltd Group of Companies
Perrywood Business Park, Honeycrock Lane, Salfords, Redhill,
Surrey, RH1 5JQ

Tel:  (44) (0) 1737 780790   Fax:  (44) (0) 1737 771908

Registered office:  Abacus House, Bone Lane, Newbury,
Berkshire, RG14 5SF