[Samba] Samba & Symantec Ghost

Martyn Ranyard ranyardm at lineone.net
Mon May 20 07:35:03 GMT 2002

At 09:16 AM 5/20/02 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I saw this posting by Christopher Robert Woods.  I am having the identical
>problem with Samba on Suse Linux 7.2 (OS/390).  Is there any known
>workaround?

I never managed to get a DOS bootable floppy to do this, in the end, I got
a copy of NFSDOS, which works fabulously.

I don't know the specifics of your situation, but I would be happy to send
you an image of the two diskettes I use.

I would appreciate a copy of the DOS bootable disk you use, as I would
prefer to use the samba shares to nfs (if of course it doesn't slow the
whole thing down as it is on yours).

You may find that it is the DOS filesystem symantecs that are slowing samba
down, although I can't understand why that would be.  multitasking dos
would enable you to see if it's client cpu, top on the samba server would
show you if it's server cpu.

Martyn Ranyard

I am not a member of the samba team,
and anything that I say may not be as