[Samba] Queries on samba with roaming profiles

Hardi Gunawan hardigunawan at inbox.lv
Sun May 19 22:58:02 GMT 2002

Yes, I do have logon path and a profiles share, with it set writable.  In
fact, when I add a IE favorite, it is roaming (when I login to another
desktop, the favorites are mine).

I got to correct my previous statement.  Outlook didn't create the personal
folder file in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\ ......
It is "looking" for the personal folder in that directory and it is nowhere to
be found.

So my steps are:
1) login into wks1 for the first time with username1 and setup outlook 2000
(never ask where to put the personal folder files).  And I add a Favorite
just for testing whether roaming profiles is working

2) logout from wks1 and login into wks2 for the first time with username1

3) Open up Outlook in wks2, and the error of not finding the personal
folder.pst file in c:\documents and settings\username\Local Settings\....
appears.  But IE's favorite is there.  So I guess the roaming profiles works?

4) logout from wks2 and login into wks1 again, but with username2

5) I can see c:\documents and settings\username1 and username2.  But I can't
open username1 directory (that's a relief!).  But I was wondering why does
the folder even be there?  I thought it would be removed once the user
logout?  Does that mean the roaming profiles doesn't work?

:) This is getting confusing....