[Samba] Problem with user authentication

Vamshi Ramarapu VRamarapu at actuate.com
Sat May 18 17:13:03 GMT 2002

Hi
I have the samba software running with minimum security settings. Anybody
can access any shared file. I am trying to configure a Windows 2000 machine
to access these files. I am having problems with accessing files that have
600 permission settings. I created a user with the same user name as the one
on UNIX but am still not able to access these files. How do I convince samba
that this external user is the same as the local user.
Thanks in advance.