[Samba] Samba 2.0.6 with solaris 8

Kumar, Arun arun.kumar at nectech.co.uk
Fri May 17 11:09:01 GMT 2002

I have samba server installed in solaris 8. Till last week the filesharing
from unix onto NT and 2000 systems wasfine.

Now we are able to go to unix folders and subfolders on NT and when we try
to open MSword files and MSxls files the NT and 2000 systems hangs and we
need to restart the system.

We have checked the NFS sharing and automount works properly. Only when we
try to access the word documents and word xls files this happens

Please let me know if it is a samba issue. If so is there any resolution or
any configuration option to be used?

Arun