[Samba] Samba and Win2K failures

Paul Harlow PHarlow at skld.com
Fri May 17 10:13:06 GMT 2002

Hi all,

I posted here about this last week and still haven't found a solution to
this.
I have an AIX 4.4.3 system running Samba (not sure what version) in a
WinNT4/Win2k environment.
Some of the Win2k machines have mysteriously lost their ability to
communicate with the Samba server on the AIX box but can still connect to
the Linux Samba servers. I've installed Service Pack 2 onto the Win2K
machines to make sure this isn't the issue but no success followed.
The Samba server is running with encrypted passwords (though it doesn't
matter who logs onto the Windows machines, they still can't get on) and
allowing the entire subnet into the Samba server itself. This is not a WINS
issue or a DNS issue either. Those have been tested and have been working
without problems. No other workstations are affected by this and they are
also using the same DNS and WINS servers. There were also never any static
mappings to this resource from either Win2k machine.
Any ideas are always appreciated. Thanks

Paul Harlow CCNA, MCP
System and Network Administrator
SKLD Information Services LLC
720 S. Colorado Blvd. Suite 1000N